The Oaks Media
HISTORY OF THE OAK TREE
The magnificent Oaks Tree (Quercus Robur) was planted in August 1938 By Kathleen McGill (nee Furlong).
The original seedling, 30cm high came from the old Anthony Horden's department store in George Street Sydney.
It was a custom of the store in those days to give an Oak Tree to any patron spending more than Ten pounds
in one purchase.
Members of the Furlong family held the license for The Oaks from 1918 -1975.
It is a tradition that luck comes to those who are struck by an acorn when they fall in Autumn.
MANOFMANY February 7th 2018
AROUNDTHECLOCKFOODIE August 22nd 2017
Read about our latest Meat Masterclass
Some reviews of our winter pop-up Cabin Fever at The Oaks.